Monday, June 1, 2009

Asynchronous vs. Synchronous

Asynchronous Video Post via Facebook

Synchronous Video Chat via Skype
I chatted with Ellie on Skype and sent a message reminding Mary about this assignment via Facebook.  I like both for different reasons. However, in general, I think I would prefer synchronous chat in general since I get a direct and immediate response from the person I am talking with.  Of course, there are advantages of asynchronous. If the person is hard to get a hold of or just does not have the same time schedule you do, it is nice to be able to send a personalized message. Really, it is just better to communicate and video is the most effective in my opinion. Synchronous, though, wins the battle for preference since it takes care of business right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment